BECOMING A MEMBER OF THIS CONGREGATION
Becoming a church member means receiving God’s gift of forgiveness through Jesus Christ, choosing to follow Him as Lord and Master, and committing to be an active member of this congregation.
Can you say “Yes” to the following? If they are unclear, we are ready to explain them to you and would be thrilled to help you with making this commitment”
· Do you believe the Good News as contained in the Apostles Creed:
I believe in God, the Father Almighty, creator of heaven and earth.
I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified died, and was buried; he descended to the dead. On the third day he rose again; he ascended into heaven, is seated at the right hand of the Father, and will come again to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic (universal) church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection fo the body and the life everlasting.
· Do you truly and earnestly repent (admit, ask forgiveness for, and turn from) your sins?
· Do you trust Jesus Christ and in Him only for your salvation?
· Do you invite God’s Holy Spirit, in the fellowship of this congregation, to make you into all the person God intended you to be?
· Do you love Jesus as your Lord and Savior and will you be loyal to this church with your prayers, presence, gifts, service, and testimony?
If you have made this commitment or would like to do so, we can welcome you into membership by:
Baptism & Profession of Faith – If you have never publicly accepted Christ and joined a church as a youth or an adult, you would by Profession of Faith. A person also needs to be baptized to join a United Methodist Church. If you have been baptized at another Christian church, we accept that as valid.
Transfer – Persons who are baptized and have joined another church as full members are welcome to join by Transfer (for United Methodists) and Other Denomination (for persons from other Christian churches).
Reaffirmation of Baptism – Persons who have been baptized, but would like to reaffirm that experience may do so, as they join by either Profession of Faith or by Transfer.
We encourage you to join any of our Sunday school classes to continue to develop a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ.
WOULD LIKE TO KNOW MORE?
Call Rev. P.J. at 622-3325